Wednesday, 4 January 2012

A Dream I had…

I don't really write deep stories with underlying meanings because I'm not a deep person however being an Atheist I found this dream weird enough it was worth documenting...

I believe I was visiting Egypt sat down by a pool surrounded by friends and people I knew. The air was warm, sun high in the sky and my parents were silently sat beside me. My mother was sitting upright wearing sunglasses however she was very still and not acknowledging anyone. A young innocent looking girl ran beside me, who I didn’t recognise, and said we should go and climb the nearby mountain overlooking the ocean…

Dinner was served. I was sat next to my friend that I had seen recently over the weekend. Then instantly we were stood up at the other side of the room. An older gentleman, taller than the rest of us, started talking to him. “Why don’t you go and sort out your acne ridden face you stupid boy?” he criticised. I felt upset and stood up for my friend by arguing back. We sat back down…

The girl and I got to the top of the mountain just as the sun was setting over the ocean. From where we stood I couldn’t see the beach and the only thing at the top was an ancient looking temple. The girl told me about God and how he had her trust and respect. This made me angry. I started shouting and telling her how none of it is real and she shouldn’t believe in it. The young girl started to cry. I went up to her, knelt down and took her in my arms. At that point her eyes gazed into mine and she touched my face with her hand. The instant she did it felt like there was only good in the world and I was happy. I remembered how important my friends are and how it’s important that they are happy to. I felt at peace, like I was on a natural buzz, just happy to float through the world…

I sat back down next to my parents where they were discussing whether it would be worth buying a calendar which you could get made at the front of the room. The white backdrop was set up just where I argued with the old gentleman before who was now no longer to be seen. “May as well.” I said. It seemed worth it for the price of £16. They got up and left.

The sky had now gone dark and all my friends were floating in the distance as I rose towards them. Blackness and stars surrounded me. A space station gleamed in the distance and I noticed its tiny flashing lights glowing red and white. I saw my friends talking to me as I floated towards them but I could not here them. I was in my own world. The first person I went up to looked like someone I fancied from the past weekend. I moved closer and one by one I looked into their eyes and touched their faces like that small girl did to me. When I did so they saw the same that I did. All was at peace and it was like I had been given this gift to make people feel at ease. We started to slowly floated back to earth together. I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job of recording your dream. I like the disconnect between the various scenes and how a thread wove those scenes together. You recreated the dream experience very nicely.


    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails