Wednesday, 6 January 2010

What's Worse than Fucking on the Dance Floor and Then Simply Intertacking by Shooting Strangers and Tweeting about your Dirty Secret



Ten blogs already. To think a week and a day ago I just found out that this site existed. Being the creative person I am, I have decided to look back at the previous nine blogs and reminisce about how I started blogging as well as what is to come in the near future.


What's Worse Than Being a Blogger?
My first blog ever, was about the question what is worse than being a blogger. Did I answer that question properly? No, I simply said that the worse type of blogger you can be is a blogger who writes stuff that no one reads. Well there's my first blog ruined. I didn't think at that point that the blog would last as long as a week, or I would put as much time as I have into the blog. I guess I surprised myself.


Fuck! Does it Offend You? Yeah
The word Fuck was something that had always fascinated me, but rather than repeat the entire article I thought I would say a bit more about it. The idea for this came from the picture I made called 'The Wall of Fuck' a few weeks before I started the blog. I started making a few websites to get some links to the picture but it never did end up anywhere else apart from this blog now. My arty side may make an appearance later on, especially when I start to get angry emails about using others peoples cartoons.


Domestic on the Dance Floor
Domestic on the dance floor, is based on an actual nightclub in Manchester called The Birdcage. You might be interested to know that it's a transvestite bar every other night of the week apart from Wednesdays, where there is a huge night for students that is immensely popular. I usually go there every few weeks but as you may have picked up, I was not happy that night, or drunk enough. The picture was taken there as they lead out a guy who had just thrown up somewhere, nice.


Simply the Best
Simply the best is about some of my religious views. I must point out that the first few blogs I still didn't have a proper style, and don't yet, so this was an attempt by me at a different style of writing. In this I try to apply logic and personal feelings to religion to see what I actually thought and reveal my own thoughts. I am surprised I got no hatred after my controversial opinion was unveiled, but reading it back it is a bit more topic based than entertainment value, unlike the others


Intertack
Intertack is about the genuine obsession I have had with the internet. It started when I first got a computer in my bedroom and now has flourished into a full on addiction. Side effects may include weight gain, social awkwardness and square eyes. It also mentions how vlogging is affecting people and how journalists may have a hard time soon when people are writing for free.


Shooting People Isn't Fun?
I do play games a frequently but since everyone who owns a next generation console probably has this game then I thought it would be decent enough to write about. The one thing that shocked me about this game was that the publicity it got was so unnecessary. There are far more violent games that never get a mention but they got the balance just right. They were able to get free advertising, and not get banned. People should stop lowering themselves to complain about things that want to be complained about.


Never Talk To Strangers
Omegle is a great website and one which I can spend a lot of time on some days. I have noticed that recently the numbers have increased and I have seen on the comments I may have missed out a few groups. I can say that Omegle is probably a topic I will come back to in the future.


Tweeting, Speaking and Writing
More recently Tweeting, Speaking and Writing, attempts to emphasise what I am doing. I am writing long posts because I am trying to go against the flow. To hopefully entertain people but also preventing them from falling into the trap of only reading short pieces of writing. I also have a go at the type of person who just looks at a large piece of text and doesn't attempt to read it because obviously reading takes too much effort. However I may have to make some new layout choices to make the site look less daunting.


My Dirty Phone Call Secret
My confession is about the shocking industry I work is a true one. Obviously they are still making money, which means telemarketing works, so that is how they are still existing. I have worked there, part time, for around 5 months now and it's a good part time job. I have no idea how any human being can do that full time. They are even talking about getting in Playstation 3s and Xbox 360s to keep the staff from killing themselves in their breaks.

All article links are below.

What's to Come in the Future?
I do have some targets I hope to reach by blog number 20. I have put the site in some search engines as well as attempting to get some more people looking by putting the site on stumble.com and digg. That should drive more traffic to the site, so I am aiming to get double the amount of followers which is at the moment is going to mean getting up to 32.
Getting more people isn't going to just come from me writing more, I am also going to have to increase the quality and now after ten articles I can hopefully do that well enough. One thing that also makes the page more appealing, is comments. I don't want to force people to comment, but the more comments the better. If you could express your opinion it will also help me get better in general.
Finally I have had my arm twisted so I now have to do a vlog. I am not a great fan of vlogging but since I said I would give it a shot, I now have to. I am at the moment thinking about a decent topic that I will be able to talk about, and drafting a script.
I appreciate I haven't written that much and you probably don't want to know that much about me but I will also be answering any questions on the vlog if anyone wants to know anything about me. If you could ask one question it might be useful for me and not make the experience for me a complete epic fail.

Also the person who comments the best alternative title using all the titles from the last 9 blogs wins a prize.

My Dirty Phone Call Secret

Thanks for all the support up to now and keep reading!

2 comments:

  1. woot! (I know, such a in depth comment there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. building a Portable dance floor allows you to have a mobile dance floors which provide a temporary surface for dancing. They can be installed quickly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails